Space and Venue Use
CSU is committed to providing facilities for programs that are consistent with educational goals and mission of the university. As a community partner, the University also supports the need for public service events.
Events & Logistic Services Department makes every effort to screen events before they occur. Occasionally, an event that does not foster the mission, policies, and procedures of Columbus State University occurs. Use of University facilities that are incongruent with the CSU mission may result in loss of privileges.
Damage to University Property
All individuals using CSU facilities are expected to take reasonable steps to ensure proper care of the venue and equipment. Damage, repair, and replacement costs are the responsibility of the sponsoring organization/department. Intentional misuse, vandalism, defacing and/or destruction of University facilities, and/or equipment may result in legal action including replacement costs and revocation of the privilege to reserve CSU venues. CSU property (i.e. furniture, paintings, sculptures, displays, flags, etc.) may not be moved or removed from a venue without approval from University Support Services.
Emergency Medical Services
Should an emergency occur at a CSU venue, both on and off campus sponsors should contact the Office of Public Safety at (706) 507-8911 and contact the onsite event contact.
Inclement Weather Cancellations
When campus is closed due to inclement weather, your event will automatically be cancelled. Every effort will be made to reschedule your event, but due to existing campus obligations, we are not always able to accommodate the reschedule request. Due to the high demand for space, rain locations will not be available for events booked outdoors except for major university events.
Event sponsoring organization/department must submit who will be the onsite event contact for their event, including their office and cell phone numbers in the event of an emergency.
Sponsoring Group Responsibilities:
- Non-technical support for load-in/load-out* and event control
- Securing all dates, times, performers
- Getting all necessary approvals from campus support departments
- Arranging for Event Security via CSU Public Safety/ the event eQuest
- Signing contract with the Facilities Coordinator agreeing with CSU policies and procedures
- Accepting financial responsibility for any needed rental equipment, fees, and security
- Submitting an Event Services equest in a timely manner to University Support Services for all event services including, but not limited to set up, cleaning, security, and technical services.